Pliant Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is designed to be a selective inhibitor of αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. Pliant’s second product candidate, PLN-1474, is designed to be an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of αvβ1, targeting late-stage liver fibrosis and is partnered with Novartis. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
- Develop functional plans for managing legal matters, including activities to be performed in-house or through outside counsel to best manage Pliant’s legal activities and minimize risk for the business.
- Manage and advise on corporate governance, business development transaction, securities, law compliance, general transaction support, license agreements, employment law, regulatory matters, risk management, financing activities, and general contract management.
- Ensure compliance with security regulations, corporate governance requirements and relevant legal and statutory requirements for corporate reporting of a public company. Assist in managing the Investor Relations activities in collaboration with the CFO.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of agreements including confidentiality, material transfer, advisory board, market research, other intellectual property-related matters with domestic and international parties including clients, partners, vendors and users ranging from global life sciences organizations to healthcare organizations, research and clinical sites, landlords, subcontractors, and government agencies.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to ensure an effective ethics and compliance program. Oversees the development of programs to prevent and detect violations of laws, company policies and other misconduct, promote ethical practices and ensure the implementation of the compliance program throughout the organization.
- Oversee negotiations and completion of agreements, confidentiality disclosures, material transfer, licensing agreements and other intellectual property matters.
- Board of Directors meetings: prepare meeting minutes, BOD resolutions, maintains appropriate corporate records.
- Address developments in the corporate regulatory and governance environment and areas related to compliance education and training. Monitor external developments in compliance, including laws and regulations, government investigations and industry best practices.
- Provide oversight and leadership for all legal needs of the company across business functions.
- JD from an accredited law school and admitted to practice in California.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience practicing law including both law firm and in-house experience of a public biotechnology company.
- Biotechnology experience spanning the research, development, approval, launch and commercialization of products, a plus.
- Broad legal experience covering multiple aspects of corporate law including business development, corporate contracting, , employment and others within life sciences industry.
- Broad experience with SEC and reporting Nasdaq compliance matters, including drafting 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, Proxy statements and Section 16 filings in collaboration with internal and external accounting and legal teams.
- Experience with FDA and healthcare regulatory and compliance, a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in commercial legal analysis and planning including effectively managing multiple projects/priorities.
- Proven ability to make sound judgements and decisions. Possess the ability quickly assess problems/situations and provide effective solutions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to balance working on multiple projects in parallel.
- Operates in alignment with Pliant’s values.