Pliant Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is designed to be a selective inhibitor of αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. Pliant’s second product candidate, PLN-1474, is designed to be an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of αvβ1, targeting late-stage liver fibrosis and is partnered with Novartis. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
This is an exceptional opportunity to establish the Investor Relations and Corporate Communications function in a new public company driven by a leadership team of proven drug developers.
Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and managing relationships within the investment community, including investors and sell-side analysts, via collaboration with an external IR partner. This individual will also be responsible for all corporate communications, including corporate visibility, media and public relations, alignment with corporate strategy and public affairs, via collaboration with an external PR partner. The Director, IR and Corporate Communications will contribute to company branding, employer branding and messaging strategy and execution, collaborating with internal Functional Leads and Human Resources. This individual will work closely and collaborate with the Leadership Team.
- Develop and oversee a comprehensive investor relations strategy.
- Identify and prioritize management attendance at investor conferences and analyst meetings.
- Develop the short and long-term corporate messaging aligned by stakeholder and channel.
- Responsibility for all key corporate communications functions, including concept development, writing/editing, production, and distribution; as well as management of external agencies.
- Develop materials for reporting and special announcements, including key messages, presentations, conference call scripts, Q&As, press releases and briefing information.
- Develop and evolve the communication strategy to align with changes to the business.
- Assures information complies with all product promotion guidelines, SEC regulations and adheres to Regulation FD.
- Develop and manage digital and social media campaigns for the Company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 8-10 years in the pharmaceutical industry, with direct experience leading Investor Relations and Corporate Communications at a public biotech company.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience to lead and influence within a matrixed environment.
- Established relationships and credibility with the investment community, media and biopharma journalists.
- Proven track record delivering clear consistent messaging of scientific and clinical concepts across multiple stakeholders / audiences.
- Experience in managing and overseeing contract IR/PR agencies and vendors
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience setting and managing budgets.
- Must be independent and highly motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Behaves in alignment with Pliant’s values.