Pliant Therapeutics is an early stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated scientists to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Immediate opening is available for a Senior Research Associate in Biology and Translational Sciences. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on discovery and advancement of new drug candidates and disease biomarkers in fibrosis. The primary responsibility of this position will be in the development, characterization and execution of tissue, cellular and molecular biological assays. The successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of a Senior Scientist or Scientist.
- Execute assigned tasks following appropriate laboratory/technical procedures.
- Make detailed observations, record and analyze data, including maintain an organized physical and electronic laboratory notebook.
- Evaluate and clearly report experimental results to supervisor and colleagues on a routine basis with special attention to data quality and reproducibility.
- Learn new laboratory techniques, troubleshoot experiments, and ensure experiments are well designed and performed to a high standard.
- Provide support to various team projects based on dynamic prioritization.
- BS, MS in Cellular Biology or related field.
- Minimum 4 years full time laboratory experience (SRA I position) or 7 years full time laboratory experience (SRA II position), preferably in industry.
- Broad practical experience and knowledge in common laboratory procedures including histology, cell culture, qPCR, and ELISA.
- Experience working with ex vivo tissues (human and rodent).
- Experience with use of biological assays to characterize and optimize small molecules and data graphing analysis.
- Experience with cell isolation, single cell sequencing, and spatial transcriptomics is an advantage.
- Candidate should be flexible with changes in lab schedule based on scope and prioritization of the project(s).
- Candidate should exhibit strong, positive attitude for teamwork and learning.
- Ability to thrive in a culture of respect, accountability, transparency, and collaboration.