Pliant Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated scientists to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Immediate openings are available for a Research Associate in Chemistry. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on discovery and advancement of new drug candidates and disease biomarkers. The primary responsibility of this position will be synthesis, purification, and characterization of novel biologically active molecules. The successful candidate will work with minimal supervision of a Senior Research Associate or Scientist. The candidate will have the ability to use the chemical literature to plan and propose experiments and synthetic schemes and evaluate structure and purity of products using modern analytical techniques.
- Participate in the design, synthesis, purification, and characterization of novel biologically active molecules.
- Contribute to exploratory research and lead optimization projects, and collaborate closely with colleagues in other groups.
- Summarize/interpret data and present findings in research meetings.
- Independently execute assigned tasks following appropriate laboratory/technical procedures under supervision.
- Design and implement new laboratory techniques, troubleshoot experiments, and ensure experiments are well designed and performed to a high standard.
- BS/MS in Chemistry with 5-7 years of relevant experience in synthetic organic/medicinal chemistry after the BS degree.
- Potential to learn and adapt in a fast moving environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in organic synthesis, chromatographic purification methods, and compound characterization using modern analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC, etc.).
- Organized, detail-oriented, excellent record-keeping skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and perform well in a team environment.