Pliant Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company is seeking a passionate, creative and dedicated contracts management professional to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Pliant is seeking a qualified, highly motivated, experienced professional for the position of Contracts Manager. This position will report to the Chief Business officer. Attorney candidates will not be considered.
This position requires a self-motivated, flexible candidate who likes a challenge, with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage changing priorities in a fast paced high growth environment. This role is responsible for overall day-to-day management of contract review, negotiation, drafting, and execution.
- Prepare and negotiates a wide variety of standard agreements include Clinical Trial Agreements, CDAs, Consulting Agreements, Master Services / Lab Services Agreements, Sponsored Research Agreements and other agreements as needed by the company
- Clinical site / vendor contracts and budget negotiation experience a plus
- Responsible for initiating, tracking and monitoring contract changes, deliverables, correspondence and risks, and maintaining associated documentation.
- Coordinate communication from and acts as a liaison between internal personnel, legal department and external contacts.
- Reviews contractual documents to ensure adherence to company policy, government specifications and requirements, and conformance to master agreements.
- Identifies risks and issues, suggests alternatives that lead to the best solution using sound business judgment
- Participate in client calls to explain our contracts and negotiate terms in support of our business
- Assist with maintenance of contracts management system and evaluation of new systems to support improving overall operational excellence
- Responsible for consultation and escalation to Chief Business Officer, of contractual or business positioning issues which are not solved satisfactorily in a timely manner
- Manage pre-execution and post-execution contracts and reporting in the department’s contract management system
- Prepares and disseminates information regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc. to contract requestors and/or project teams
- Project Tracking (Clinical Trial, other projects as assigned)
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Paralegal certificate preferred
- Minimum 5 years contract management experience, preferably in the biotech / pharmaceutical or medical device industry
- Experience in legal contract negotiation and drafting with both standard and non-standard contract terms with emphasis on clinical trial agreements
- Able to take direction, prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently while exercising initiative, flexibility and sound business judgment
- Analytical oriented; practical and proactive problem solver
- Comfortable working with different levels of the company including senior level management
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail
- Able to set priorities and juggle multiple demands
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills required (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to operate in alignment with Pliant’s values