Department: Clinical Operations
Pliant Therapeutics is an early stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated scientists to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Pliant is seeking an experienced Project Manager to support non-clinical and clinical development operations. This role is responsible for managing a variety of clinical and non-clinical work conducted by internal and external teams. The successful candidate will be a team player who is organized, innovative, and inventive with outstanding communication and project management skills.
- Lead and manage assigned projects collaborating with R&D, Non-Clinical, Medical, and Quality Leaders through structured project team meetings.
- Create and manage timelines, risks, project budgets and scenario analysis to support and impact decision making.
- Monitor the progress of the project and resolve issues and constraints and escalate any risks to management in a timely manner.
- Lead stage gate reviews and overall decision making for the assigned project; ensures project activities are reported accurately and in a timely manner to the senior leadership.
- Coach project teams through demonstrating in depth knowledge of drug development, excellent interpersonal communication skills, leadership skills, self-confidence, and influencing skills; has the presence to manage through a crisis.
- Develops strong working relationships with functional leads.
- Develops and implements Project Management best practices to support growth and productivity.
- Actively promote the project management processes to the project team and key stakeholders.
- Liaise, and act as primary point of contact, with 3rd party development partners when needed.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology organization with excellent knowledge of the drug discovery and development process from pre-clinical to Phase IV.
- A minimum of 5 years of Project Management.
- MS degree, preferably in health care, life sciences, or related discipline
- Advanced leadership, project management, resource management, administrative and technical capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in direct or matrix management