Stock Administration and Payroll Manager
The Stock Administrator and Payroll Manager will primarily be responsible for the day-to day stock administration oversight and for our payroll activities. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining partnerships with Legal, Human Resources, Accounting and other departments as needed. The successful candidate will have experience driving innovative and best-in-class payroll processes to ensure timely and accurate employee payroll and provide efficiencies in the payroll process. This person will also thrive in a fast-paced environment and welcome the opportunity to make a difference in a growing, fast-paced organization. This position will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer with a dotted line to the Corporate Controller.
- Oversee the payroll and stock administration process
- Manage the technical accounting aspect of compensation and stock-based compensation
- Maintain Equity Edge database and ensure accuracy at all times.
- Generate reports from Equity Edge database, including but not limited to participants’ summary.
- Assist in answering employee questions on equity.
- Manage the month-end close process for all payroll and stock compensation accounting including but not limited to journal entry review, account reconciliation, accounting memos
- Review ESPP transactions, stock options, and awards grants, cancellations, and exercises and releases on a timely basis for all employees and other option and equity holders
- Ensure that internal controls and procedures are followed to satisfy the periodic review of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Lead all process improvement efforts for the compensation-related processes
- Lead ad-hoc projects for payroll and stock compensation
- Assist in accounting and finance system implementation projects
- Manage 3rd party payroll vendor (ADP) and continuously drive improvements in operational processes and design and implement those initiatives.
- Research and understand the applicability of a new rules, tax code or relevant legislation pertaining to payroll at the federal and state levels.
- Absorb and manage the payroll process for new entities and/or countries, as needed.
- Manage and support periodic external audit, 401(k), IRS and worker compensation audits.
- Bachelor’s degree required and CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) preferred.
- Must have at least 3 years-experience in stock administration in a publicly traded company and 3 years direct payroll management experience.
- Must have experience with stock options and RSUs.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Knowledge of local and occupational tax withholding and reporting requirements for all US states.
- Proficient using ADP for payroll.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel including advanced formula function.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, analytical mindset with good judgement and high level of attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of materials and information.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to identify an assess relevant metrics/analytics to manage the payroll process and team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates with all levels of customers within the organization.
- Able to work independently and effectively with a range of individuals.
- Candidate should exhibit strong, positive attitude for teamwork and learning.
- Ability to thrive in a culture of respect, accountability, transparency, and collaboration.