Pliant Therapeutics is an early stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated scientists to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Pliant is seeking an experienced Project Manager to support non-clinical development operations in developing, executing and managing non-clinical work in DMPK, toxicology, pharmacology, and CMC. This role is responsible for managing a variety of non-clinical work conducted by internal and external teams. The successful candidate will be a team player who is organized, innovative, and inventive with outstanding communication and project management skills.
- Partner with non-clinical leadership and team members to assist in all aspects of initiating, planning, executing and reporting of critical project/program activities.
- Manage projects according to time lines and budget requirements.
- Identify barriers to execution and propose options to solve problems to keep work on track.
- Facilitate development of contracts, work-orders for CROs
- Collaborate with regulatory affairs and quality functions to ensure effective interactions with regulatory authorities
- BS/BA degree, preferably in health care, life sciences, or related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of non-clinical project management experience within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry
- A minimum of 5 years of staff management and vendor management experience
- Thorough understanding of the processes associated with IND-enabling activities and support of ongoing clinical studies
- Advanced leadership, project management, resource management, administrative and technical capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in direct or matrix management
- Knowledge of the drug development process in the bio/pharmaceutical industry with an understanding of relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ability to communicate with and manage senior-level stakeholder objectives