Description: Pliant Therapeutics is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules.
Position Overview: The Sr Financial Analyst/ Manager is responsible for strategic, financial and operational activities and will collaborate with a wide array of departments and program teams. The position will report to the CFO, and will be responsible for budgets, forecasts, long-range plans, variance analysis and other ad-hoc reports. This role will be a key part of the Finance team and will work closely with Corporate and Business Development.
- Help lead the budgeting, long-range planning and quarterly forecasting efforts.
- Provide financial planning, analysis, and support to drive decisions.
- Manage/understand variances to plan for R&D spend on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Report/budget the allocation of FTE resources on a monthly basis.
- Assist with the presentation of monthly results to program leads/department heads.
- Special projects, system implementation, and ad-hoc analysis, as needed.
- Cross-train on other key functions within the Finance team.
- Build and maintain long-term projection and strategic valuation models to aid in decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree and/ or Master’s degree in Economics/ Accounting/ Finance or similar discipline.
- 2-5 years of finance experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, investment banking and/ or strategic consulting.
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills; highly proficient in MS Excel.
- Ability to navigate and influence in a matrixed organizational structure; highly collaborative.
- Attention to detail, with ability to see the big picture.
- Passion to understand the business.
- Able to work independently while exercising initiative, flexibility and sound judgment.
- Comfortable working with different levels of the company including senior level management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to operate in alignment with Pliant’s values.