Pliant Therapeutics is an early stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for progress to meet unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated scientists to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Pliant Therapeutics is seeking a Senior Scientist/Associate Director/Director to provide toxicology expertise for the development of Pliant’s small molecule drug candidates. This individual will provide scientific leadership and play a pivotal role providing nonclinical expertise in support of all phases of the drug development process. The successful candidate will contribute to the strategic development of Pliant’s therapeutics by designing, implementing, interpreting, investigating and reporting data that elucidates the toxicologicprofile of drug candidates.
The Senior Scientist/Associate Director/Director will work in a project team-based research structure to lead and collaborate with others on new and ongoing projects.
• Play key role on cross functional teams where he/she is responsible for design, implementation, oversight and analysis of nonclinical programs to support drug development candidates across a variety of platforms.
• Write and review regulatory documents to support global regulatory filings.
• Successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Review protocols, data and study reports ensuring presentation of data in report is accurate and supports the conclusions.
• Interpret and put data into context with literature and project goals.
• Solve problems requiring thorough scientific assessment.
• Communicate effectively cross-functionally to accomplish company goals.
• Be a team player who thrives in a highly dynamic, fast-spacedenvironment where accountability and innovation are critical for success.
• Strong knowledge and scientific expertise in toxicology; familiar with other disciplines inside and/or outside of department (e.g., pharmacology, DMPK).
• Knowledge of nonclinical requirements to support research projects.
• Knowledge and understanding of GLPs.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements, including ICH requirements and other regional requirements.
Education And Experience
• PhD in Toxicology or a related scientific discipline with 8+ years of biopharmaceutical industry experience.
• Board certification is desirable.
• Demonstrable innovative, flexible and critical thinking skills and experience applied to hypothesis-driven nonclinical safety research.
• Strong motivation, independence, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment