Pliant Therapeutics is an early stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar for meeting unmet medical needs for patients and physicians. The company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The company is seeking passionate, creative and dedicated scientists to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Pliant is seeking a versatile, self-motivated person to become an integral part of the DMPK team. This position will be the drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK) lead on project teams developing small molecule modulators of clinically meaningful targets in fibrosis.
This role will interact and collaborate cross-functionally with scientists in other groups, including chemists, biologists, biochemists, structural biologists, and computational chemists.
- Serve as DMPK subject matter expert on dynamic cross-functional teams, provide in vitro and in vivo drug disposition data, interpretation, and presentations to teams.
- Work closely with internal and external resources to assure a high level of quality and timely delivery of DMPK support.
- Design and perform PK and PK/PD analyses to answer translational questions and to provide guidance for project teams.
- Supervise associate scientists as required.
- Requires a highly motivated individual with PhD degree in life sciences with 3-7 year experience.
- Demonstrates excellent scientific skills in the design, execution and analysis of DMPK studies as well as organized data management and planning skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Requires hands-on experience in pharmacokinetics, drug metabolism or transporters
- Expertise and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Mechanistic PK and pharmacodynamics (PD) analysis, design, interpretation, simulation, and reporting to provide guidance for drug discovery and development projects
- Metabolite and metabolic soft-spot identification to facilitate structure-based discovery
- Bioanalysis with previous experience in applying automation for higher throughput