Managing and overseeing the daily accounting operations of the finance and accounting department. Responsible for month-end close activities, analyzing accounting data, executing and maintaining policies and procedures. Review workpapers and ensuring accuracy and completion. Participate in Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance requirements that include updating documentation and testing of processes including assessments, planning and walk-throughs. Work closely with a cross-functional team and effectively communicate to ensure completion of tasks.
- Manage the month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close process and ensure process is performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform close activities related to major balance sheet accounts such as Payroll, Related Benefits, Prepaids and Accrued Expenses i.e. Prepare and post journal entries and prepare account reconciliations.
- Participate and support the maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements.
- Monitor internal controls over financial reporting for internal and external purposes.
- Oversee fixed assets process and research software implementation.
- Review and approve wires and check-runs.
- Evaluate posted vendor invoices for accuracy of input.
- Support internal and external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibilities and prepare supporting documentation for SEC filings as needed.
- Maintain and update corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Participate in special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 8+ years relevant professional experience is required (mix of pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry and public experience).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent designation is preferred.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting and reporting and SOX requirements.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational & project management skills.
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership.
- Team player, with the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges in dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with management team, peers, cross-functional team and business partners.
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with NetSuite.