Associate Director/Director, Project Management Non-Clinical & CMC
Pliant is seeking an experienced leader in Project Management to support non-clinical development operations in developing, executing and managing non-clinical work in DMPK, toxicology, and pharmacology. This role will also partner closely with CMC functional areas to develop and maintain integrated project plans to identify/communicate interdependencies as well as critical path activities for relevant projects. The position will report to the VP of Portfolio Management and will partner closely with program leads. The successful candidate will be a team player with emotional intelligence and who is organized, innovative, and inventive with outstanding leadership, communication and project management skills.
- Partner with non-clinical and CMC leadership and team members to assist in all aspects of initiating, planning, executing and reporting of critical project/program activities.
- Support Project Leaders by applying program management principles and practices to rapidly advancing drug discovery and development projects.
- Create and maintain integrated project plans to track milestone and advancement towards corporate objectives.
- Create project dashboards to communicate the status, risks and mitigations strategies.
- Support team and sub team meetings, including meeting logistics, meeting agendas, meeting minutes and follow up on completion of action items.
- Facilitate cross functional communication to enhance transparency and coordination.
- Manage projects according to timelines and budget requirements.
- Identify barriers to execution and propose options to solve problems to keep work on track.
- Facilitate development of contracts, work-orders for CROs.
- Collaborate with Nonclinical, Pharmacology and CMC teams to ensure effective interactions and provide operational support for outsourced studies.
- BS/BA degree, in the Life Sciences required; MS, MBA, PhD and/or PMP desired.
- A minimum of 5 years of non-clinical project management and/or CMC experience within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry (additional clinical project management experience desired).
- A minimum of 5 years of staff management and vendor management experience.
- Thorough understanding of the processes associated with IND-enabling activities and support of ongoing clinical studies.
- Advanced leadership, project management, resource management, administrative and technical capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment with competing tasks.
- Knowledge of the drug development process in the bio/pharmaceutical industry with an understanding of relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ability to communicate with and manage senior-level stakeholder objectives.