Clinical Site Liaison (CSL)
The Clinical Site Liaison (CSL) is a critical position within Pliant’s clinical team and will be responsible for providing non-promotional clinical, educational, and study support across Pliant’s Development portfolio. The CSL position may be an office-based or a field-based member of the Clinical Operations team, reporting to the VP, Clinical Operations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key clinical site personnel to build a well-informed and motivated clinical site base for Pliant’s clinical development portfolio.
- Provides accurate clinical trial information to investigative sites (e.g. Principal Investigators, Sub-Investigators, Study Nurses, and Study Coordinators), in compliance with all relevant company policies.
- Partners with sites to understand barriers to clinical trial participation and develops pragmatic solutions to enable successful execution of studies.
- Identifies and communicates key clinical trial issues and insights from industry leaders to appropriate departments to help influence clinical trial execution including, but not limited to, site identification, site start-up, patient screening and accrual, and patient retention.
- Facilitates the identification of clinical trial site (and corresponding community) educational needs around of IPF and PSC clinical trials.
- Maintains business and clinical knowledge of the treatment landscape including current treatment strategies, current and pending competitors, and new therapeutic developments.
- Participates in the education for clinical trial site professionals through presentations at office visits, investigator meetings, advisory boards, and other appropriate venues to enhance current and future clinical trial awareness.
- Collaboration with internal (Clinical Operations and Clinical Development) and external stakeholders in support clinical trial sites’ needs.
- Provides tailored presentations to clinical site personnel and community outreach organizations to meet specific needs of the audience.
- Adheres to regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies.
- BA/BS degree with at least 5 years clinical trial experience or advanced degree (MS/PhD/PharmD) with at least 3 years clinical trial experience.
- Previous experience in a CSL, MSL, Community Engagement and Outreach role, or similar.
- Ability to travel domestically 60% or greater (US based).
- Working knowledge of protocol and clinical drug development processes, clinical study design, study planning and management, and monitoring.
- Knowledge of ICH/GCP guidelines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and highly-developed interpersonal skills.
- Able to set priorities and juggle multiple demands.
- Able to think critically and be a proactive problem-solver.
- Able to work independently while exercising initiative, flexibility and sound judgment.
- Comfortable working with different levels of the company including senior level management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to operate in alignment with Pliant’s values