Research Associate II – Biology: High-Throughput Screening (HTS)
Immediate openings are available for Research Associates in Molecular and Cell Biology in the High-Thoughput Screening (HTS) Group. This individual will join a dynamic and growing multidisciplinary team focused on screening and discovery of new drug candidates. The primary responsibility of this position will be in the development and execution, cellular phenotypic assays utilizing robotic liquid handling platforms. A key component of the position will be to provide regular, high quality assay results, and troubleshoot and develop approaches to optimize experimental procedures. The successful candidate will work with some direct supervision of a Senior Research Associate or Scientist.
- Independently execute assigned tasks following appropriate laboratory/technical procedures under supervision.
- Make detailed observations, record and analyze data
- Troubleshoot experiments, suggest improvements to supervisor
- Evaluate and clearly report experimental results to supervisor and colleagues on a routine basis with special attention to data quality and reproducibility.
- Learn new laboratory techniques, troubleshoot experiments, and ensure experiments are well designed and performed to a high standard.
- BA/BS or M.S degree in Molecular Biology or Biochemistry or Cell Biology
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience mammalian cell tissue culture working in a laboratory research environment in either industry or academia.
- Broad practical experience and knowledge in common cell biology laboratory procedures (cell culture, cell adhesion assay, ELISA, SDS/PAGE, Western blot, etc.).
- Experience with use of biological assays to characterize and optimize small molecules and data graphing analysis is an advantage.
- Experience with flow cytometry and liquid handling automation is desirable.
- Ability to evaluate and clearly communicate results.
- Candidate should exhibit strong, positive attitude for teamwork and learning.
- Ability to thrive in a culture of respect, accountability, transparency, and collaboration.